Thursday, April 9, 2020


After a stint in Europe where I learned a lot and experienced so many things, I went back to Canada for a while. I worked in some of my land's most unlikely outposts, beautiful places with very little culinary tradition. Then I had the opportunity to expand my experience by working in Bermuda. The cuisine of these beautiful islands represents its rich and diverse history and heritage, blending British and Portuguese cuisine with preparations of local seafood species, particularly wahoo and rockfish.

While working there, I really came to appreciate the Bermudan
Fish chowder, the national dish, served in restaurants and hotels and at home. Fish stock, fish, vegetables, bacon fat and local spices are standard but my favorite is to serve it with black rum and sherry peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment