Monday, February 24, 2020

An ode to my grandmother

My grandmother got me started on my love of cooking. She was a home economics teacher and she would make thanksgiving, Christmas etc. and I got to help her as a very young boy. It I advanced to breakfast for the family, I never something I thought I would make a career out of it but I did. With Grandma everything was fresh- everything in one day, fresh, never late with dinner, perfect timing, everything came out beautiful –there was this incredible apple pie. I used to spend a lot of time with my grandmother over the weekend and on weekends we would do everything together. Grandma had a recipe file collected over 20 years and I still have that with me. I still used some of those recipes at work. Apple crumble, everything she touched turned to gold. I have great memories of my family coming together to enjoy the food and grandmothers preparation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment